Water is one of the most important resources for human existence, whether it be for human consumption, agriculture and industry. Ensuring access to safe drinking water is emerging as one of the important challenges of the present century because of steady decrease in the available water resources, industrialization, urbanization, etc. Water in several pockets of the country contains high salinity, and/or harmful contaminants. Desalination of brackish and sea water and water refinement are the major requirements for solving this challenge. Membrane separation processes such as reverse osmosis (RO), nanofiltration (NF) and ultrafiltration (UF) have emerged as an effective solution to produce safe drinking water.
Uniqflux Membranes LLP , under licensee from CSMCRI has pioneered the membrane research and development in the country for desalination of brackish and sea water, and for water refinement i.e., removal of harmful contaminants like pathogens, hardness, arsenic, fluoride, etc., present in water.
HOLLOW FIBER, ULTRAFILTRATION MEMBRANES, Patent No. WO2012/035402A1, The hollow
hollow fiber ultrafiltration & microfiltration membrane patent no. wo2012/035402a1
The hollow fibre ultrafiltration and microfiltration membranes have indigenously developed membrane spinning machine with Spinnerette single bore in the range of 0.4, 1.0, 2.0 mm and multi-bore in house in the range of 2, 3, 5, 7 bore and are capable of rejecting water bacteria, viruses, cyst, colloidal matter and turbidity resulting in biologically safe drinking water.
Hollow fiber membranes have been successfully employed in water treatment/waste water treatment (domestic, industrial and municipal), protein separation, concentration, desalination and disaster management. It has developed casting, coating, winding, trimming machines in house. Also, our hollow fibers are available in dope solutions, i.e. in PAN, POLYSULPHONE,
It is one of the most economical solution and helps in water conservation. Total water treated per day/plant is 20KL which results in total volume of 4000KL water being treated by 200 plants.
|RO||72,000 m2/year||7,20,000 m2/year|
|UF||18,000 m2/Year||54,000 m2/Year|
Mission & Vision
- To achieve a turnover of above 100 crores in the next 5 years of Business
- To mark India as a major contributor of Membrane Business Worldwide
- To Lay emphasis that R&D can infuse new business segments, import substitutes & export opportunities
- To contribute in the efforts of the nation in water sustainability.
Hollow Fiber Ultrafiltration & Microfiltration Membrane Technologies
- Technology for manufacturing low fouling ultrafiltration and microfiltration membranes
- Useful for the removal of bacteria, viruses, cyst, turbidity, colloidal materials from water
Uniqflux under Licensee from CSIR/ CSMCRI has developed a process for the preparation of polysulphone, polyethersulphone and polyacrylonitrile based fouling resistant flat sheet ultrafiltration membranes having different molecular weight cut off values (20, 50, 90, 150 KDa).
The process involves the continuous coating of polymer solution of desired composition on a non-woven fabric and effecting the phase inversion. This results in the production of fabric reinforced UF membrane with about 30-35 micron thick polymer layer on nonwoven fabric. The relationships between membrane preparation conditions and the cut off values have been extensively studied by permeating different molecular weight polymers and determining their rejection values by size exclusion chromatography.
TFC RO membrane and module technology
- Technology for manufacturing thin film composite RO membranes
- Useful for desalination with simultaneous removal of a variety of contaminants in water like bacteria, viruses, cyst, turbidity, colloidal
- Technology for manufacturing flat sheet ultrafiltration and microfiltration membranes